Thursday, July 22, 2010

Exciting New Chapter

I am excited to announce that I have a new chapter opening up in my life. I will be teaching the First Grade at Apostolic Christian Academy (ACA)! This is an answer to a prayer and I feel very blessed and honored to have this opportunity. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be a teacher, as do most little girls. My friends and I would set all of our dolls out, drag out the chalkboard, create worksheets and play school all afternoon. Now, that childhood fantasy is coming true and I am beyond excited...and a bit nervous. These precious children I will be teaching are living souls, not plastic funky haired dolls. I do not take this new position lightly, but hold it with the utmost respect. I want to offer these children much more than numbers, letters and facts. I want them to feel the excitement of learning and to know the love of Jesus. I have been spending the last few days researching and jotting down ideas that I think my help in accomplishing the goal. I am going to give this great opportunity my very best. I trust My Lord and know that if I give him my best he will make up where my best may come up short.

4 comments:

  1. You are going to do a wonderful job!!! I will be praying for you during this new phase of your MARYVILLE, TENNESSEE life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also very proud of you. You have done a awesome job Homeschooling your Children so, there is NO DOUBT that you will do Great and be the Best Teacher there at ACA!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you...your support and prayers are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SUPER excited for you to be Kennedy's teacher and can already tell you are going to knock these 1st graders socks off!!! Please let me know if you need anything this year... I am here to help ;)

    ReplyDelete