Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mediocrity?

Two posts in two days :). This morning I had the pleasure of sitting on our deck with my husband. It was glorious, both our conversation and the weather. We admired the very clear pool before us and marveled at how well the automatic pool vacuum was working (it doesn't take much). At that moment life all worked...no snags. As we sat there and talked about our dreams, where we think our mountains are and how we think we can get over them, my husband made a, we think, profound statement. He said "We all wake up the same, mediocre..." That's where we separate into groups. Those who are satisfied with mediocrity, those who aren't but lack the drive to push out of mediocrity, and those who have a PLAN and take the steps to overcome mediocrity We definitely have not been part of that third group. We WANT to be part of that group, but sadly are not. For instance, I have a boat load of projects I'd like to do, from organization to actual home decor. I think about it, but fail to actually put it down on a to do list so I can take the steps to complete it. I think partly because of accountability. If its down on my list then I have to do it. Sure I make all kinds of excuses...I don't have supplies, I don't have money to get the supplies, I'm busy, I'm tired...blah blah blah. C'mon...I've seen those documentaries on teachers who create classes with next to nothing. We are not happy with mediocrity. Mediocrity doesn't bring joy to us. I want my life to make a difference in other people's. I want to be pleasing to God and do His will. I could be wrong, but I can't think of any mediocre people in the Bible that made a difference. There was drive. So...great conversation, provoking great thoughts, establishing great plans to create a great life.

No comments:

Post a Comment