Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Planning Withdrawal

Every year about this time, you would no doubt find me hovering over a computer, clicking this link, then that link, reading reviews, making notes or printing pages. Or I might be huddled on the floor at Barnes and Noble, pulling this book, then that book, scanning the shelves for something new that I may have missed but might work. What was I doing? Planning! I have homeschooled my children for the past eight years and every year after the relief of school being over started to subside, at least for me, I would get the planning bug. I loved researching new curriculum and finding new items I might be able to use that next year. It gave me an outlet for my need to organize...and I was putting myself ahead of schedule. Who doesn't like that?
Well...this year my kids will be attending ACA (Apostolic Christian Academy). I am very excited about this, as are my children. It is a wonderful school...however this means there is nothing to plan for next year. Sure, I can probably make a list of school supplies that I THINK they may need and maybe create a calendar to write in their activities (to my husband's dismay I still love paper and pen), but it just isn't the same. Who would have thought that I would miss that task so much? :) I guess I need to tackle the Meal Plan! I don't know why, but I always have a hard time with that one. If and when I complete one that I love and actually use I will share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment